Monday, July 16, 2007

 

100th post

Alright here's the first pov from Professor Chuck Xavier.


I must say, I was rather surprised when I received an invitation to Logan's
100th post party. I always had the distinct impression that he found me . .
stuffy. None-the-less, I was pleased to be invited. I brought along the
original crew of X-Men, my first year students. It's true that Cyclops and
Wolverine never really hit it off but I thought this celebration might be
the right opportunity for them to bury the hatchet. Imagine my surprise then
when, in the middle of my relating an interesting anecdote about battling
the Brood to a lovely young girl I hadn't met before, Cyclops lands hard
right in the middle of my table, breaking the thing in two. I glanced over
in the direction his body had come from and saw Logan doing that feral snarl
that he does. I turned back to the girl I was chatting up and she smiled.

"You seem to be taking this interruption rather well," I said to her. "See
this kind of thing much?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact," she answered, still smiling.

There was something rather familiar about her but I couldn't place my finger
on where I knew her. Curious, I gently probed her mind.

Mystique.

With a laugh, she turned blue. "Thanks for the wine, Professor," she said as
she did a back flip away from the table.

She sprang, summer-salting across the room, over to Logan. Startled, he
turned to her, checking himself and not drawing his claws. Mystique wrapped
her arms around Logan and gave him a deep, long kiss.

"Happy 100," she said with a smile. Then she turned, sprinted to the open
window and jumped through.

Wolverine always throws the best parties.

Now here's one from Jon Intergalactic Gladiator.

“Have a brew, bud.” Wolverine tossed a cold one right at me. I snapped the can out of the air and popped the cap.

“Congrats,” I said as I held up my beer towards him in salute. He tapped it with his own and we both took a swig. As he took a sip, Wolverine shot me a roguish look.

I looked back.

Somewhere, maybe just in the back of my mind, the theme from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly whistled.

Quickly, we both downed our beers in an attempt to beat each other.

“Done, hah!” Wolverine crushed the can and laughed. “Maybe next time bub.”

“Aw, you know I just can’t compete with your mutant beer drinking abilities,” I laughed back.

“That’s ‘cuz I’m the best at what I do and what I do ain’t pretty.”

“I have to admit, though, you do look good when you dress up,” I replied.

“What this old thing?” Wolverine laughed again.

Suddenly, Mystique cart wheeled and somersaulted past us. Close on her heels was Private Hudson.

“I love you, hot blue chick!” he called out. “Come back!”

“I tell you,” I said. “I can’t take that guy anywhere.”


Logan here again, I'll be acceptin' povs up until Sunday. Maybe a little later if asked.

Comments:
Happy 100th.
 
Great post. I can't wait to read more...
 
Jon : Thanks,


Flik: That was more from Jon and Chuck.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home